Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Cursed Chair: PARAMETRIC STRUCTURE & ANIMATION

 




Hello!

For this week, I decided to make this cursed animation.

I tried different methods that we reviewed in class and decided to play it safe with this one. I mainly struggled with figuring out how remap numbers work, I don't feel confident in my grasshopper skills yet.

I made a chair in Rhino at first and went with the brep option in grasshopper since I only know how to make basic shapes in grasshopper (for now!) 

Here is some pictures of my chair: 



and here is what I used for grasshopper:


and some more footage of me trying other things out:



This almost killed my laptop though, my laptop was making painful sounds the more complex the slides got. I could not remember how convert to mesh worked for the life of me. 

It was fun to plan how I wanted the animation to look like. I decided to get a bit goofy with the perspective and POV and make it look a bit vintage like.

Next time I will definitely do my homework ( or at least parts of it) right after class to help myself remember things better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment