Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Puzzles Unite: ALGORITHMIC SURFACE MODELLING + ANIMATION

For this week's assignment, I made this puzzle tornado . ( I also did this assignment before redoing my stacked models, the idea behind this influenced the other post as well)
I used this puzzle shape as my geometry:



I then created a variety of different shapes in Rhino and morphed the puzzle onto them to see which one gives me a more interesting result



My Grasshopper definition: 


I chose to change up the perspective a bit before animating the final results in order to make the animation more interesting.

Final Result:

Other things that I tried during this process:

also tried to assign the puzzles to geometry in this form :



I was curious to see what happens, and this happened (lol) :

I liked how the top and bottom of the shape looked but I was not able to see the puzzles anymore 
Therefore, I decided to try this as well:





This was OK but I did not like it that much either. This is where I decided to stop experimenting and just working with one singular geometry rather than multiple.





No comments:

Post a Comment