Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Gummy Bear Slices - MILESTONE PROJECT 1: STACKED SLICES MODEL PROGRESS

 


a bit simpler :


For this week, I decided to make a gummy bear model in Rhino first. I ended up watching a couple of videos to refresh my memory. I watched 1 and 2  on YouTube.


Grasshopper: 



Gummy bear backs:



I like #2 and #3 the best myself since the other two got a bit distorted. I found this assignment a lot easier than the previous one! Also I feel more confident using the remap tool. 

here is a dissected picture to wrap this up:


Now most of my challenges come from my first plan, where I wanted to make a hand. I found it very difficult to do in Rhino. I did not want to make a flat hand and wanted some movements in the fingers, for this reason, I really struggled. Also making each finger one by one was not fun. I found some tutorials on YouTube but they were old and I just could not focus on that idea anymore so I changed my plan. Maybe I can make a hand later using grasshopper when I am more skilled hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment